Visit Reynoldsburg Ohio!

1792 Graham Rd.
PO Box 357
Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
Phone: (614) 866-4888
Fax: (614) 751-8507

Livingston House of Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Historical Society of Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Parks of Reynoldsburg Ohio
Shopping around Reynoldsburg Ohio
National Trail Raceway
Motorcycle Museum














Historical Society


The The Reynoldsburg-Truro Historical Society (RTHS) building was moved to its current location at Jackson and Broadwyn in Old Reynoldsburg in the fall of 1993. It is half of a farmhouse, built between 1848 and 1850, that once faced State Route 256 near Livingston Avenue. The other half was moved early in the century and located a block away, facing Lancaster Avenue at the southeast corner of Broadwyn Drive. Our half of the house is used as a museum, learning center, and meeting place, and is furnished with items donated or lent to the Historical Society.

RTHS Museum is located at 1485 Jackson Street in a part of John D. French's 1831 town plat. Here you will find an increasing collection of tools, costumes, photos, household furniture, farm items, and published materials relating to historic Reynoldsburg and Truro Township.

The Museum is open the 3rd Saturday of each month from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm January through November, and we participate in ‘Christmas on the Town’ in December. For tour information or to schedule an appointment, contact Mary Stoots at (614) 902-2831.

Twenty-two interested people met at Graham Road School on April 30, 1975, to discuss the idea of forming a Reynoldsburg area historical society. Temporary officers and committee members served until the first Annual Meeting in September 1975. Following the Ohio State Historical Society guidelines, the committee drew up a constitution. Stated aims of the Reynoldsburg-Truro Historical Society are to discover, preserve and disseminate knowledge about the history of Reynoldsburg and surrounding areas while supporting the Reynoldsburg community; and to illuminate past lives, events, and activities.

In our many years of growth, we have had interested, competent leadership and members who care and give their time to help keep the society developing and reaching out to the community.

Our museum is located two blocks south of Main Street, across from the Hannah Ashton School in Old Reynoldsburg. One initiative of RTHS is the preservation and display of composite photographs of the Reynoldsburg High School graduating classes. Reynoldsburg High School (organized in a little town as Reynoldsburg Union Academy in 1868) was the first public high school in Franklin County (excluding Columbus's Central High School, organized in 1847). People frequently visit the Museum to see the photos of their parents, grandparents, or other relatives individually displayed within the class composites. The Museum has most of the class photo composites from 1899 through 1970. We also recently acquired composites from 1985-89 and 1994-98.

Our monthly programs, open houses, and bi-monthly newsletter provide a continuity essential to maintain an interest in things historical. Our website provides a method of telling our story worldwide. There are society members in many states, who have relocated from Reynoldsburg, but continue to share an interest in our activities.

The Museum serves as our headquarters. Our Board of Directors meets there on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M.

Anyone interested in the history of our area is welcome to attend our meetings, visit during an open house, tour our facility, join our organization, and visit our website at .

Points of Interest | Food and Lodging | Links | Calendar | Home

Created and hosted for Reynoldsburg Visitors and Community Activities Bureau by
Total Technology Solutions